Monday, September 05, 2005

Patchwork Parrot's FIDZ (Feathered, furry, or fin Kids!)




Today, I want to introduce you to some of the Patchwork Parrot FIDZ. I know you think we are very diverse here and we are! But we have a ball! Our babies are known as FIDZ (feather, furry or finned whichever is appropriate at the time KIDZ)
Bailey is our oldest cocker, age 6. He is a love! Bailey used to go to work with me on a daily basis when I worked in a Nursing Home in Flowery Branch, Ga. All the residents loved him. He is now retired from nursing but continues to go to work with me down in the studio. I have had a four-legged shadow for 6 years!


Murphy, a blue & gold macaw, is our oldest Fidz. He has appeared in an ad for the Tourism commission of Aruba, and makes appearances periodically to various schools and events. He loves young people, especially girls! His vocabulary exceeds 75 words. During the course of the day, he will do the roll call of the various residents here at our house and aviary. He usually starts out with Momma and goes down the list from there.





Snickers is our youngest cocker. Here he is sitting on his throne, aka sofa, with a toy and Poppa's magazine. It is great to be king!














Cheryl is owned by Marley and I'm not mixed up when i say that! Marley is a greenwing macaw who was born in 2004. He is a love but has a definite attitude as to who owns who at Cheryl and Ron's house!

Bobbin, Moluccan Cockatoo, is on the left; Gracie, Congo African Grey, is on the right. Bobbin wormed her way into Cheryl and Ron's heart and home while they were waiting on Marley to wean. Bobbin is still quite the charmer! Bobbin and Marley charmed us, charmed Cheryl and Ron, and gave us two great new friends!

Gracie travels with her new daddy.

These next two pictures are of "LA" We're not sure yet if LA is a male or female so LA will do for now. LA hasn't officially been named by her new mommy yet. Her adoptive mommy lives in Louisana and we are hoping she is doing ok since Katrina!

Peek-a-boo! I see you! I love my laundry basket!

Yummy! Please, mam, may I have more baby food?

Buffet is our newest addition to the permanent family. He was born in January 2005. He is a greenwing Macaw. He and Murphy share the outside aviary during the day. They just love it! That's Murphy in the background. He was being ornery that day and wouldn't come out in the yard to play.

That's about it for today. I'll try to share more pictures of the rest of the gang, yes, there are more, with you another day.


Hugs & Smiles,
Leigh Anne Haygood
Patchwork Parrot
Prim-tik Designs
http://lahaygood.blogspot.com/

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you are going for finest contents like me, just visit this web page everyday
because it provides feature contents, thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow, marvelous blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is wonderful, as
well as the content!

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting thoughts from
this article as well as from our argument made here.

Anonymous said...

Hello, always i used to check weblog posts here early in the break of day, for
the reason that i enjoy to gain knowledge of more and more.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a really clear clarification of the challenges.
It was truly informative. Your site is useful. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Hey there would you mind sharing which blog platform you're using?
I'm planning to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most
blogs and I'm looking for something completely unique.

P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had to
ask!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finally writing about >"Patchwork Parrot's FIDZ (Feathered, furry, or fin Kids!)" <Liked it!

Anonymous said...

What's up everyone, it's my first go to see at this
web page, and piece of writing is truly fruitful for
me, keep up posting these content.

Anonymous said...

You can definitely see your enthusiasm within the work you write.
The world hopes for more passionate writers like you who
aren't afraid to say how they believe. At all times follow
your heart.

Anonymous said...

It is appropriate time to make a few plans for the future and it's time to be happy.

I've learn this post and if I may just I want to counsel you few attention-grabbing things or tips.
Perhaps you can write next articles regarding this article.
I want to read even more things about it!

Anonymous said...

My partner and I stumbled over here by a different website and thought I may
as well check things out. I like what I see so now i'm following you.

Look forward to going over your web page repeatedly.

Anonymous said...

Hola! I've been following your blog for a while now and finally got the bravery
to go ahead and give you a shout out from Houston Tx!
Just wanted to tell you keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get
there! Cheers

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this website's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

Anonymous said...

Hi all, here every person is sharing such knowledge, therefore it's pleasant to read this website, and I used to pay a visit this webpage daily.

Anonymous said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here
regularly. I'm quite certain I will learn lots of new stuff right here!

Best of luck for the next!

Anonymous said...

Hi there i am kavin, its my first time to commenting anyplace, when i read this
piece of writing i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible piece of writing.

Anonymous said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It's the little changes
which will make the biggest changes. Many thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before
but after browsing through some of the post I realized it's new to me.

Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll
be bookmarking and checking back frequently!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.
Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.

I'm thinking about setting up my own but
I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any ideas or suggestions?
With thanks

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed, I must say. Rarely do I come across a blog that's both equally educative and engaging, and let
me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which too few men and women are
speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this
in my hunt for something regarding this.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where you are getting your info, but
good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more.
Thanks for great info I was looking for this information for my mission.

Anonymous said...

Does your website have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd
like to shoot you an email. I've got some ideas for your blog you
might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I
look forward to seeing it improve over time.

LeighAnne Haygood, Queen of Hysteria said...

Hi, everyone! thank you for your comments! My blog platform is blogspot.com. I've been on this platform for 15 years. My blog has not been active over the past year or so but hopefully, I'll be back posting regularly real soon!

In response to where I get my information, basically, my life! I do research when I'm blogging about certain things but this blog focuses on my life, my critters, homestead, and my faith. I'm glad you enjoy reading my tidbits. Please keep following me and watching for my re-entrance to the blogging world.
Queen of Hysteria!