Monday, February 22, 2010

Updates for the last 15 months.... still staying stitched!


I think I have my blog named appropriately, Stayin' Stitched! (Keeping it all together!) as the Queen of Hysteria! However, at this point, I’m considering thinking of changing it to Mr. & Mrs. Humpty Dumpty. Life has really taken its toll on us the last couple years. I went to my blog last week and was shocked to see that I had not blogged since September 2008!
Steve and I have strived to build a quiet country life in our quaint colonial home, but unfortunately, that was not the ultimate plan. Since I last posted about the peace of watching my chickens free-range, life has been spiraling down-hill like a fast rollercoaster. I returned to school in the summer of 2008, finished my BS in Psychology & counseling with a minor in nursing this past December. I started graduate school in January. Last March, we lost our youngest grandchild, Payton, to SIDS. This just broke our hearts. Grief is a terrible process to go through and no one person deals with it in the same manner. Depression set in on me after Payton’s death, but thankfully, I recognized it and have been able to fight it, but what a battle! Last year, we closed the aviary and Steve’s business, Automobile solutions, within a couple months of each other.
We are now in the process of making a move to Florida. In fact, I’ve made a mini-move in a small apartment and steve is still in Georgia working and trying to sell our home. Last month, steve and the dogs came down to visit me. My 11 year-old cocker spaniel, Bailey, stressed so much that he had a series of seizures. Bailey crossed the Rainbow Bridge last Thursday evening. He took a piece of my heart with him. He has allowed me to love him unconditionally since 1999. Thank you, Bailey.
We did make a trip to Disney in January with Brenton and his friend, Kelly. What a good time! We were able to rest, relax and actually play without the interruption of cell phones ringing for the first time in our married life.
We feel that God has a plan for all this pruning, trials and tribulations we have been through the last two years. At this point, I do not know what my Heavenly Father’s plan is for our lives, but what I do know is that through all this, I have learned more empathy and understanding. I’ve always heard that if God can’t get your attention softly, he would get your attention in a firmer way. Let me tell you, He has our attention!
We are now listening and waiting for the small quiet voice of God to continue to lead us out of the wilderness we have been living in the last two years. I don’t know if anyone will continue to read this blog, but if you are reading, please add us to your prayer list. We need prayer warriors to help strengthen us while we wait.
We did not make resolutions for this new year that is now about 6 weeks old. We are praying, waiting, and trying to make do, use it up, or do without…..

Have a blessed day!

Leigh Anne, aka, Lala, Mama, Aunt Bug,

Live Simply,Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly,
Leave the rest to GOD....
*Trials keep You Strong, Sorrows keep You Human, Failures keeps You
Humble, Success keeps You Glowing,**
But Only God Keeps You Going!*

She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.
~Mark Twain

No comments: